First Ascent of "Closer" IC, AZ

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Lanterna pre-Beta Update

I am getting close to a beta release. I will need a few module testers to give me feedback on bugs, story flow, game flow, etc. In general, I would like to know what you liked and what I need to change. I made many drastic changes to "The Exile" based on community comments and I think it made the module much more enjoyable. I would like to do the same with "Lanterna - chapter 1".

Here a couple of screenies:

This is an aerial pict of your home village, Brinsby

Brinsby looking east with the Kinstan Mountains in the distance

Fledge's little home


Another pict of East Brinsby

I have many more areas, but I'm trying not to spoil too much. Anyway, I apologize for not updating the blog too often, but I use all of my spare time in the toolset.

Here is a list of some features that I have tried to implement:

  • Three companions to choose from. None are forced and you can travel alone if you so choose. Only two companions will be allowed in the first chapter. I will never force you to remove a companion from the party for another companion (aka the OC).

  • XP is scaled based on how many companions are in the party similar to BG and IWD.

  • Companions take part in many encounter conversations. I had to write different conversations for each possible party combination.

  • I tried to keep the loot to a minimum and very little (if any) magic items in the first chapter.

  • There are different ways to travel to Langdale. Both paths have differrent events (one is a short path and one is longer).

I still have not resolved the Fledge model issue. I would like him to look like the picture below, but he will probably just be a halfling with a badger head and tail. We'll see...


I should be ready for the beta testing to begin in a week or so...

3 comments:

Wyrin said...

sounds like great progress so far!

good luck with the beta test!

Frank Perez said...

I would have wanted to take a closer look at your screenies, but none of your pictures seems to have a link to a bigger image. Anyhow, congratulations on your progress.

slowdive_fan said...

Thanks Wyrin and Frank,

I don't understand why the picture links do not work. THey used to in the past. Oh well. Now that "Lanterna" is in Beta testing (or maybe Alpha depending on the depth of feedback) you will be able to see the areas up close and personal ;-)

Thanks again,
Jer