First Ascent of "Closer" IC, AZ

Monday, February 12, 2007

Chronicles of Charnia

I've been working on the storyline for my upcoming campaign in the Charnia setting. It takes place around 50 years after "The Exile". I would like to have a few characters from "The Exile" make an appearance in the campaign (maybe Sildor, Gildor, Veloria, Belin, and/or Fifur). I would like to have 3 or 4 chapters (each about 5 hours of play time). Here are some of the design ideas:
  • It will be designed for good and neutral characters.
  • I plan on having multiple paths to the end, plus companion specific quests.
  • I would like to include a few options for talking beasts as companions (bear, badger, etc.). I loved Reepicheep (the mouse) and Trufflehunter (the badger) from Prince Caspian and Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Chronicles of Narnia). Also, I will have a few dwarves, humans, halflings, and elves for optional companions.
  • You can keep the same companions for the whole campaign. I hated swaping out companions in the OC. Just when you were building some interaction between them, you have to split them up, Ugh.
  • A number of optional side quests that are interesting and add to the main story.
  • More scripting and animations to create more immersion, I want this to feel very cinematic.
  • I probably will ask for help. Anyone interested in helping on this project? I will need scripters, writters (story and dialogue), custom content modelers, etc.

That's all for now. Thanks for your support.

Jer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heyho Hey. Just checking' in to tell you that I shall be watching your progress from now on :).

I would offer a hand with writing but my own project takes up all the ressources I have in that department.

Any first sneak peak at the campaign yet? ;)

Fusil

slowdive_fan said...

Well, it really is in the early writting stages. If you would like, I could send you my outline (when it's done) and maybe you could comment and/or give me suggestions.

I'm looking forward to finding out more about my adventures in Aracas.

Jer